Dental crowns can treat cracked teeth and prevent further damage.
As we’ve seen time and time again at our Mount Prospect dental office, getting a crown isn’t like what it used to be. Family and cosmetic dentists like myself have more options for missing teeth.
In the past, we would prepare the tooth and you’d be in a temporary crown for weeks, if not a month or longer, before you received the permanent crown. Now, you can get a crown in a day.
Is a single-visit crown just as good as traditional crowns?
The Best Options for Missing Teeth: Single-Visit Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
My team and I are proponents of CEREC single-visit crowns. With this system, you get a custom-fit, quality crown in just one visit.
Here’s what you can expect with traditional crown services.
- Remove any decay
- Prepare the tooth (reduce the height and circumference)
- Take an impression
- Fabricate and place a temporary crown
- Send the impression to a dental lab
- Wait up to three weeks for the crown (depending on the lab used and their backlog)
- Go back to your cosmetic dentist to try on the new crown
- Receive anesthetic injection to be numb a second time
- If the crown fits, cement it
- If the crown doesn’t fit, send it back to the lab and replace the temporary crown
- Try the crown again and cement
Here’s what you can expect from single-visit dental crown appointments from our dentist Mount Prospect office.
- We will take digital pictures of the tooth
- Remove decay
- Prepare the tooth
- A CEREC scanner scans the prepared tooth
- The CEREC 3-D imaging software fabricates a 3-D model of your tooth
- The CEREC milling machine uses the model to create a ceramic crown
- We will have you try your crown on, adjust it if necessary, and cement it
The Benefits of CEREC Dental Crowns from a Cosmetic Dentist
The main benefit of single-visit crowns are that they save you time, therefore enhancing your comfort and overall experience with us.
You spend less time in the dental chair because impressions aren’t needed. less adjustments are needed, no temporary crowns are needed, and ONE visit to the dentist makes it a huge time-saver.
An in office CEREC crown is scheduled for about 1 1/2 hours appointment, but the milling phase can be spent in the massage chair, doing work, watching tv and relaxing.
We Believe Every Patient Deserves Exceptional Dental Crowns
Every single patient deserves the best dental care. Part of that includes utilizing the latest dental technology, tools, and techniques. I’m committed to investing in these products to provide you with the very best treatment.
Options for Missing Teeth: Save Time and Money with Single-Visit Crowns
When it comes to options for missing teeth, we are always looking for innovative alternatives. The goal is to help patients save time and money while keeping you comfortable.
My main purpose, though, is to keep your teeth and gums healthy. The healthier you are, the less money you’ll have to spend on dental treatments. You’ll also avoid painful dental conditions, like deep dental decay.
At our Mount Prospect dentist office, we are constantly working toward high-quality treatment options to save you time and money, while keeping you healthy.
Would you like to know more about our one-day crown system? Contact us today to schedule a consultation.