We believe that mercury-free dentistry is the best option for patients
In fact, not only do we believe it is the best option; we believe it is the only option. Mercury is unsafe; there is no question about it anymore. We also want to take it a step further and say that not only should you not receive any more unsafe mercury fillings, but dental offices should be completely mercury free. There is no longer a place for mercury in modern day dentistry. Our patient’s health, as well as our own, is far too precious.
3 Reasons to See Mercury Free Dentist Dr. Tom Meyer in Des Plaines
Don’t just take our word for it. We want to prove to you why it is more beneficial for you to see a mercury free dentist in Mount Prospect, Des Plaines or Arlington Heights.
1. We’re not the only ones who believe mercury is dangerous
Back in 2013, a treaty among nations was signed (something that took four years to accomplish) in an effort to start phasing mercury out of dental treatment plans. Some nations decided to go even further by banning mercury fillings, including Russia, Japan, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
2. More people are recognizing and acknowledging how dangerous mercury really is
Mercury is a neurotoxin – it causes neurological disorders, mental disorders, chronic health conditions, and autoimmune diseases. Conditions caused by mercury include: depression and anxiety, heart disease, disruptions of the endocrine system, fatigue, headache, insomnia, and respiratory problems. In 2009, the FDA even reclassified mercury and mercury fillings as Class II devices, meaning they pose more risk than was previously thought.
3. We’re all at risk for mercury poisoning
Not only are silver mercury fillings unsafe for patients, they’re unsafe for the dentist, the assistants, and even the front office team. Regardless of how safe everyone tries to be, mercury vapors can be found beyond dental treatment rooms.
What are the safe alternatives to mercury in dental treatments?
There are a number of alternatives to mercury fillings.
- White fillings: The cheapest alternative to mercury, white fillings are made up of a combination of plastic and glass. Not only are these less toxic than mercury fillings, they’re much more pleasing to the eye.
- Gold fillings: Gold is as close to all-natural as you can get in the dental world. Your body reacts better to gold than to other materials. Plus, being lab fabricated, gold fillings (called inlays) will fit seamlessly.
- Lab fabricated porcelain fillings: Tooth colored, strong and the ideal fit.
Avoid mercury at all costs: See a Mercury Free Dentist in Mount Today
Mercury should no longer be a controversial subject. It’s been proven to be dangerous to the health of patients and dental office team. Your health is in your hands. If you want to receive the best dental care, make sure your dentist is a competent practitioner who avoids the use of mercury in their office. Read more about mercury fillings or amalgam fillings.
Are you looking for a new dentist? If so, choose a mercury free dental office. Or, if you’re already seeing a dentist, double check to make sure they are practicing mercury free dentistry on every patient.